Astragalus is a large genus of about 3,000 species of herbs and small shrubs, belonging to the legume family Fabaceae and the subfamily Faboideae. It is the largest genus of plants in terms of described species.The genus is native to temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere.
Maintaining their stability enables cells to avoid replicative senescence and indefinite proliferation beyond the âHayflick limit'. Telomeres shorten with each cycle of cell division, or when subjected to oxidative stress. Until now, this has been an unavoidable mechanism of aging
1. It has the effect on relieving stresses and protecting the body against various stresses,including physical, mental, or emotional stress;
2. It has the function of enhancing immunity, protecting the body from diseases such as cancer and diabetes;
3. It contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals;
4. It is used to protect and support the immune system, antibacterial, and antiinflammatory, for preventing colds and upper respiratory infections;
5. It has the effect on lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes and protecting the liver.
6. Astragalus can increase energy and endurance, enhance the immune system and aid in the recovery from chronic stress or prolonged illness.
7.Studies have documented that Astragalus boosts activity of several kinds of white blood cells and increases production of antibodies and interferon, the body own natural anti-viral agent.
1. Pharmaceutical stuff
2. Functional food and food additive
3. Livestock products and poultry products.
4. Water-soluble beverages
5. In heart cerebrovascular aspect,it can inhibit platelet aggregation, reduce blood viscosity and coagulation, relax smooth muscle, expand of cerebrovascular, reduce vascular resistance, improve blood circulation, especially improve the microcirculation, can also inhibit the formation of arterial thrombosis.