Lemon balm is a perennial herb from the mint family. The leaves, which have a mild lemon aroma, are used to make medicine. Lemon balm is used alone or as part of various multi-herb combination products.
Many people believe lemon balm has calming effects so they take it for anxiety, sleep problems, and restlessness. Lemon balm is also used for Alzheimer's disease, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), an autoimmune disease involving the thyroid (Graves' disease), swollen airways, rapid heartbeat due to nervousness, high blood pressure, sores, tumors, and insect bites.
1) Antioxidant and antitumor activity
2) Antimicrobial, antiviral activity against a variety of viruses, including herpes simplex virus (HSV) and HIV-1
3) Mild sedatives, anxiety reduction and hypnotics
4) Modulate for mood and cognitive enhancement, mild sedative and sleep aid
5) Memory-enhancing properties
6) Widely use as a mild sedative and antibacterial agent.
1. Lemon Balm Extract, in foods and beverages, is widely used for flavoring.
2. Lemon Balm Extract, in health care product field, is used for promoting sleep and improving appetite.
3. Lemon Balm Extract, in pharmaceutical field, is frequently used as mild sedative agent to regulate mood and significantly increase calmness and alertness.