This herb is the dried root of Stemona sessilifolia (Miq.), S. japonica Miq., or S. tuberosa Lour. of the family Stemonaceae. It is mainly grown in the Anhui, Hubei, Jiangsu, Shandong, and Zheziang provinces of China, where it is collected in the autumn. The rootlets are removed, sliced, and dried, and the result is known as dried stemona root. If the root is briefly steamed, dried, and sliced, it is called processed stemona root. The plant is related to A. lucidus and is sometimes called wild asparagus.
Traditionally, stemona root was used as a carminative, anthelmintic, and as an insecticide. Today, stemona root is used to relieve cough due to acute or chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, and used externally as an anthelmintic and as an insecticide for enterobiasis and lice.
For external application, the decoction is used as an enema or applied on the affected area of the skin in a paste form with wine.
1.Antitussive and expectorative. The stemona extract or alkaloid can reduce the excitation action on the respiratory center of an animal and inhibit the cough reflex. It can relax the trachea spasms caused by histamin.
2.Insecticide. The aqueous and the 70 percent alcoholic extract of the herb were lethal to Pediculus capitis and P. vestimenti. It was also able to kill lice ova. The alcoholic extract killed Pediculus pubis in a few minutes after contact.
3.Antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal. The herb decoction was in hibitory against multiple species of bacteria and fungi, and effective in mice infected with the influenza virus.
1. Stemona extract can be used in medicine
2. Stemona extract can be used in health food
WHY CHOOSE US?
1.Any inquiries will be replied within 12 hours.
2. Dedication to quality, supply & service.
3. Strictly on selecting raw materials.
4. Reasonable & competitive price, fast lead time.
5. Faster delivery:Sample order in stock and one week for bulk production.
6. We have strong cooperation with DHL, TNT, UPS, FEDEX, EMS. Or you also can choose your own shipping forwarder.
7. We have ISO, KOSHER, HALAL, HACCP, ORGANIC FSSC22000 certifications.