Views: 6 Author: Lucianna Huang Publish Time: 2024-01-11 Origin: Cady Tian
Chinese medicine herb-Astragalus may have the power to help heart attack patients
What Is Astragalus?
Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) is a type of flowering plant.
The root has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Astragalus is also called huang qi or milk vetch. It comes from a type of bean or legume.
While there are multiple species of astragalus, most astragalus supplements contain Astragalus membranaceus.
The herb is said to offer multiple health benefits for multiple conditions, including heart benefits.
Astragalus is considered an adaptogen. Adaptogens are a class of natural substances
that are believed to stimulate the body's resistance to physical, environmental, and emotional stressors.
The chemicals in astragalus also seem to stimulate the immune system and reduce swelling.
What Is Astragalus Used For?
Astragalus is a natural dietary supplement that's used for various health conditions.
For instance, it's used to treat the common cold, upper respiratory infections, fibromyalgia, and diabetes.
Some proponents of astragalus use it for its possible heart benefits. They claim it may protect against heart disease.
It's also used to help improve overall weakness.stop free radicals completely.
Diabetes. Early research suggests that astragalus, given intravenously (by IV) or taken by mouth
as a combination product, might help control blood sugar and insulin levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
1. It has the effect on relieving stresses and protecting the body against various stresses,
including physical, mental, or emotional stress;
2. It has the function of enhancing immunity, protecting the body from diseases such as cancer and diabetes;
3. It contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals;
4. It is used to protect and support the immune system, antibacterial, and antiinflammatory,
for preventing colds and upper respiratory infections;
5. It has the effect on lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes and protecting the liver.
6. Astragalus can increase energy and endurance, enhance the immune system
and aid in the recovery from chronic stress or prolonged illness.
7.Studies have documented that Astragalus boosts activity of several kinds of white blood cells
and increases production of antibodies and interferon, the body own natural anti-viral agent.