1. Eucommia bark extract is associated with the liver and kidneys, and is considered the primary herb used to increase yang functions in the body.
2. Eucommia bark strengthens the bones and muscles, heals injured and weakened tissues, and can treat lower back and leg pain, stiffness and arthritis.
3. In addition to its healing effects, eucommia has the ability to lower blood pressure; most Chinese formulas used to lower blood pressure contain at least some amount of eucommia.
4. It is also given to pregnant women to calm the fetus and prevent miscarriage.
2. Antibacterial, Antiviral, and Anti-Inflammatory Activity